Are you unable to delete your story from The Facebook Messenger app?
Are you also experiencing this error message, “This can’t be undone?”.
Similar to Facebook, Messenger allows you to Post stories directly on The app.
To do so, select “Stories” on The bottom navigation bar and select “Add to story”.
Select a Photo or Video from your camera roll or take one.
When you add a Photo or Video to your story, it will be visible for 24 hours.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix The Messenger story Not deleting problem With The error message, “This can’t be undone”.
Why can’t I delete my Messenger story?
You can’t delete your Messenger story because of a bug/glitch on The app.
Otherwise, Messenger Is down and you need to wait for it to be back up.
To check if Messenger Is down, go to downdetector.com and search for “Messenger”.
Once you’re on The page, check if there’s a spike In The graph.
If there Is, it means that there’s a high chance that The app Is down.
How to fix Messenger story Not deleting “This can’t be undone”
To fix The Messenger story Not deleting “This can’t be undone”, you need to delete The story from The Facebook app instead of The Messenger app.
To do so, open The Facebook app, view your story, tap on The three dots, and tap on “Delete Photo”.
This will delete The story from both Facebook and Messenger.
You can also try downloading an older version of Messenger and deleting your story from it.
1. Delete The story from The Facebook app
- Open The Facebook app on your mobile device.
- View your story on The home page.
- Tap on The three dots.
- Tap on “Delete Photo” to delete The story.
2. Download an older version of Messenger
- Delete The Messenger app from your Android device.
- Go to https://facebook-messenger.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Tap on The “Older versions” button.
- Select an older version of Messenger.
- Tap on The Download button to Download The APK.
- Open The APK and log In to Messenger.
- Select “Stories” and view your story.
- Tap on The three dots and select “Delete”.
Note: This method only works for Android devices—if you’re using an iOS device, you need to use The First method instead.
How to Fix Messenger Not Opening
How to Fix Messenger Isn’t Responding
How to Fix Can’t Send Photos on Messenger